Airstream’s Sustainable EcoBatt Insulation
Airstream uses EcoBatt Insulation… think of it as green, only browner.
Knauf EcoBatt™ Insulation is used in all of Airstream’s travel trailers and motorhomes. It does not look like any insulation you have ever seen, but that is because its natural brown color represents a level of sustainability never before achieved.
The color comes from ECOSE™ Technology, a revolutionary, new sustainable binder born from five years of intensive research. Made from rapidly renewable organic materials rather than petroleum-based chemicals commonly used in other insulation products, ECOSE Technology reduces binder embodied energy by up to 70%, and does not contain phenol, formaldehyde, acrylics or artificial colors used to make traditional fiberglass insulation.
EcoBatt Insulation combines sand, one of the world’s most abundant and renewable resources, post-consumer recycled bottle glass and ECOSE Technology to create the next generation of sustainable insulation…naturally from Knauf.
Features & Benefits
• Made primarily from sand, one of the world’s most abundant and renewable resources
• Lower embodied energy than our traditional batts
• Rapidly renewable binder eliminates petroleum-based chemicals
• Contains no phenol, formaldehyde, acrylics or artificial colors
High Recycled Content
• Contains a minimum of 61.9% post-consumer recycled content
• Excellent insulating value
• Reduces airborne sound transmission
• Significantly improves STC ratings of wall configurations
• Cuts easily and cleanly
• Recovers quickly
• Less dusty
• Friendly feel
• Enhances productivity
Knauf Insulation products with ECOSE Technology contain no phenol, formaldehyde, acrylics or artificial colors. These products are certified by UL Environment for indoor air quality (IAQ) as low emitting products and where noted, have achieved the more stringent GREENGUARD Gold certification and verified to be formaldehyde-free.
To see our Airstream inventory visit: www.colonialairstream.com