COLONIAL CAMPER’S CORNER: Pumpkin Cheesecake Truffles
Surprise the family with Pumpkin Cheesecake Truffles. With little more than your RV’s refrigerator/freezer and an electric mixer, these tasty treats are quick and easy. Dipped in chocolate and topped with pumpkin spice, these Pumpkin Cheesecake Truffles are a big hit!
Makes 11 Servings:
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 2 pkg. (4 oz. each) BAKER’S Bittersweet Chocolate, broken into small pieces
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add graham crumbs, sugar and 3/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice; mix well.
- Scoop cream cheese mixture into 22 (1-inch) balls, using about 1 Tbsp. cream cheese mixture for each ball. Place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet. Freeze 10 min.
- Melt chocolate as directed on package. Dip cream cheese balls, 1 at a time, into melted chocolate, turning until evenly coated with chocolate. Return to baking sheet; sprinkle with remaining pumpkin pie spice.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
Tip 1: Size Wise
These portion-controlled sweet treats can fit into a balanced eating plan when enjoyed on occasion.
Tip 2: Note
If necessary, re-roll each partially frozen cream cheese ball into round ball before dipping in the melted chocolate. Since the cream cheese balls will soften quickly at room temperature, remove them from the freezer in small batches before dipping in chocolate as directed.
Tip 3: How to Evenly Portion the Cream Cheese Mixture
Use a small cookie scoop to evenly portion the cream cheese mixture for each truffle.
11 servings, 2 truffles each
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.